[scponly] V 4.0 allows ssh ??

wby oblyr joe at sublimation.org
Fri Dec 17 13:14:53 EST 2004

It is worth mentioning that scp does not operate without ssh.  If one were to disable ssh completely,
scponly would not function.  ssh is just the transport for commands like "scp".

for some of these commands, i believe it is misleading to restrict things like directory creation,
renaming files, copying files, overwriting files, et cetera - all these things can be accomplished with
just the "scp"  binary anyway.

there are still other commands, however. "chmod", "chgrp", "ls" and "rm" are the things i would consider
for compile time configuration.

joe