[scponly] help with installing

Ralf Durkee rd at rd1.net
Mon Aug 23 19:11:52 EDT 2004

At 10:31 AM 8/23/2004 -0700, Sammy.C wrote:
>Hi,
>
>First, I did read the README file and INSTALL file.
>I am trying to configure scponly 3.11 on Solaris 2.6
>server. I have the SFTP configured correlty.
>Version I have is scponly-3.11,
>step 1,
>configure --enable-chrooted-binary (worked fine )
>step 2,
>type " make "
>I can't seem to do " make "  I get error message.
>"  make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 4:
>Unexpected end of line seen  "
>
>Please help.  Thank you so much.
>Sam

It's been years since I did scponly on Solaris 6, but I believe you're
getting a syntax error on the Makefile lines that use the := syntax.  This
syntax is supported by GNU Make, but not by the Solaris make, at least not
the older Solaris version.  You can modify the Makefile changing the := to
just = or you can download GNU Make.

-- Ralf Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH
Principal Consultant
http://rd1.net