[scponly] Anyone hit file count limit in scp?

Paul Hyder Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 12 17:55:28 EDT 2004

In a very vanilla configuration of scponly 3.11 I'm finding a
file limit when I scp files to my host from the scponly host.
[i.e. "scp scponlyhost:files\* ." where there are 900 files.]

It stops very abruptly at exactly 97 files.  File name length
and file size don't make a difference.

Shifting to a user without scponly, using the same ssh/scp,
works without problems.

Anyone else seen this?  Don't see anything in the email archives.
Source code sort of looks like I'm hitting MAX_ARGC, anyone
increased that value?

All suggestions appreciated.
    Paul Hyder
    NOAA Forecast Systems Lab