[scponly] Compile on AIX

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Mon Apr 19 15:22:37 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:28:00PM -0400, Mike.Radomski at itec.mail.suny.edu wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is anyone using scponly on AIX?  I have not been able to get it to
> compile.
>
> I configured with the following command line: "./configure
> --enable-chrooted-binary --disable-scp-compat"
>
> When I try to make the sources:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -DDEBUGFILE='"/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel"' -o helper.o -c helper.c
> helper.c: In function `expand_wildcards':
> helper.c:218: `GLOB_TILDE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> helper.c:218: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> helper.c:218: for each function it appears in.)
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> make: *** [helper.o] Error 1
Seems like compat fixes are only made for Solaris and Irix, if you're lucky
the same fix will work for AIX. AFAIR solaris stuff worked aswell on HP-UX.

Maybe you can compile when you do a ./configure and modifie config.h befor
the make. Add or uncomment
#define SOLARIS_COMPAT 1

Maybe you're lucky and it works, otherwise someone else has to port it cause
I'm a coding looser and I've no access to a AIX machine.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world