[Pl-seminar] Fwd: 19th March: François Gauthier: From C to Java EE to Node.js: A Journey in Industrial Program Analysis

Aviral Goel goel.av at husky.neu.edu
Mon Mar 18 08:32:49 EDT 2019

Reminder, this seminar is happening tomorrow.

*Date:* Tuesday, March 19th 2019
*Location:* WVH 462
*Time:* 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
*Speaker:* François Gauthier
*Faculty Host:* Frank Tip

>From C to Java EE to Node.js: A Journey in Industrial Program Analysis
<http://prl.ccs.neu.edu/seminars.html#francois-from-c-to-java-ee-to-node-js>
*François Gauthier*

*Abstract*

I will divide my presentation in two short talks. In the first part of my
presentation, I will describe how static analysis of C/C++, our lab's
initial expertise, widely differs from static analysis of Java EE, and
describe some of the challenges we encountered in the Wafer project. In the
second part of my talk, I will describe how we scale dynamic security
analysis for Node.js with taint inference, and how the Affogato project
compares to state-of-the-art.

*Bio*

François Gauthier graduated in 2014 from Polytechnique Montreal with a PhD
in Software Engineering. The same year, he joined the program analysis team
at Oracle Labs Australia, under the direction of Dr. Cristina Cifuentes, to
start and lead the Wafer project for static vulnerability detection in Java
EE. In June 2017, he transitioned to, and is now leading the Affogato
project for dynamic security analysis of Node.js. Apart from application
security, François is also exploring program analysis and machine learning
approaches to detect document-based malware as well as fuzzing techniques
to automatically generate test inputs.

Best,
Aviral

to Node.js: A Journey in Industrial Program Analysis
To: <pl-seminar at ccs.neu.edu>

Hi all,

The location for this seminar has been updated. It will now happen in WVH
462.