[Pl-seminar] 5/3: Ian Zerny, "A Walk through the Semantic Park with Light Steps"

Aaron Turon turon at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Apr 26 12:04:07 EDT 2012

NEU Programming Languages Seminar presents

Ian Zerny
Aarhus University

Thursday, 5/3
2:30PM
Room 366 WVH (http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/wand/directions.html)

A Walk through the Semantic Park with Light Steps

You are invited to a walk through the semantic park of operational
semantics, their functional representations, and their
correspondences.  In this talk, we exemplify these styles and
representations by inter-deriving _reduction-based_ and
_reduction-free_ negational normalization functions.  We show how the
methods scale to, e.g., call by need and combinatory graph reduction,
and how they provide a practical methodology for constructing
operational semantics.

This is joint work with Olivier Danvy and Jacob Johannsen.

Paper links:
 http://www.zerny.dk/semantic-park.html
 http://www.zerny.dk/syntactic-graph-reduction.html