[Pl-seminar] IBM PL Day

Shriram Krishnamurthi sk at cs.brown.edu
Sat May 22 07:50:42 EDT 2010

As you know, the IBM PL Day is listed as a joint IBM-NJPLS-NEPLS
offering.  Please see information on this year's event, below.

[Please do NOT reply to me about registration -- I'll ignore such emails!]

Shriram

-----

IBM Programming Languages Day

July 29, 2010, Hawthorne NY

The eleventh annual Programming Languages Day will be held at the IBM
Thomas J. Watson Research Center on Thursday, July 29, 2010.  The day
will be held in cooperation with the New Jersey and New England
Programming Languages and Systems Seminars.  The main goal of the
event is to increase awareness of each other's work, and to encourage
interaction and collaboration.

The Programming Languages Day features a keynote presentation and
approximately 8 regular presentations.  Prof. Doug Lea, State
University of New York at Oswego, will deliver the keynote
presentation this year.

If you would like to present your work, please send a title and
abstract to etorlak at us.ibm.com by June 23, 2010.  Tutorials or joint
presentations are welcomed.  We also solicit input on topics or
particular presentations that would be of interest to attendees.

Abstracts will be selected by a committee consisting of Adriana
Compagnoni, Stevens Institute of Technology; Joshua Guttman, Worcester
Polytechnic Institute; and Emina Torlak, IBM Research.  Notification
of accepted abstracts will be sent by approximately June 30, 2010.

You are welcome from 9AM onwards, and the keynote presentation will
start at 10AM sharp.  We expect the program to run until 4PM.  The
Programming Languages day will be held in room GN-F15 in the
Hawthorne-1 building in Hawthorne, New York.

If you plan to attend the Programming Languages Day, please register
by sending an e-mail with your name, affiliation, contact information,
and dietary restrictions to etorlak at us.ibm.com so that we can plan for
lunch and refreshments.

Important Dates:

Talk title and abstract deadline:  June 23rd
Acceptance notification:  June 30th
PL Day 2010:  July 29th

Program committee:

Adriana Compagnoni, Stevens Institute of Technology
Joshua Guttman, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Emina Torlak, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center