[Pl-seminar] Semantics Seminar Schedule

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Apr 22 00:05:01 EDT 2007

NU Programming Languages Seminar
Wednesday, 4/25/07
11:45am-1:30pm
Room 366 WVH (http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/wand/directions.html)

An Introduction to Orc

Dimitris Vardoulakis

Abstract:

Orc is a language for task orchestration, a form of concurrent
programming suitable for web service coordination. It has a small set
of primitives; however, non-trivial programs using timeouts, fork-join
parallelism and priority can be written in Orc. In this talk I will
give an overview of the language and its operational semantics. I will
also show useful programs that can be coded succinctly in Orc. Last, I
will present the trace semantics of Orc.

Relevant Paper:
A Language for Task Orchestration and its Semantic Properties
David Kitchin, William R. Cook and Jayadev Misra
Proc. of the International Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR), 2006.

Upcoming Events:

# 5/2/07: Jesse Tov on Erlang
# Don't you want to speak at pl-seminar?

--Mitch