[Pl-seminar] 9th NEPLS Symposium, Friday June 6, UMass Amherst (please RSVP)

Jack C. Wileden jack at ccsl.cs.umass.edu
Thu May 29 18:21:29 EDT 2003

The ninth New England Programming Languages and Systems Symposium will
take place on Friday, June 6, 2003 at the University of Massachusetts
Amherst. The preliminary program is listed below. More details will
be available soon on the NEPLS website:  http://www.nepls.org/

If you would like to have lunch at the event, PLEASE REPLY to this
announcement indicating that you will attend. Please let us know
of any dietary preferences you may have.

The venue is the Computer Science Building at UMass Amherst.
Directions and parking information will be forthcoming, but
those wishing a preview may consult:
http://www.cs.umass.edu/csinfo/map.html

We look forward to seeing you at NEPLS 9.

   ...jcw

Following is the preliminary program for NEPLS 9:
   9:30-10:00
   Breakfast

   10:00-11:00
   Invited talk: "I Didn't Want My Java DECAF!"
   Eliot Moss and Emery Berger, UMass

   11:00-11:45
   "Dynamic Native Optimization of Interpreters"
   Gregory T. Sullivan, MIT

   11:45-12:20
   "Perk and Filter For Better Java"
   John Cavazos and Eliot Moss, UMass

   12:20-1:20
   Lunch

   1:20-1:55
   "Predicting Problems Caused By Component Upgrades"
   Stephen McCamant, Michael D. Ernst, MIT

   1:55-2:30
   "Principled Interoperation of Programming Language Systems"
   John Ridgway and Jack Wileden, UMass

   2:30-3:00
   Break

   3:00-3:25
   "A Computational Interpretation of Classical S4 Modal Logic"
   Chung-chieh Shan, Harvard University

   3:25-4:00
   "Can Continuous Testing Speed Software Development?"
   David Saff, Michael D. Ernst, MIT

   4:00-4:15
   Business Meeting