[Pl-seminar] Second Call-for-submissions: NEPLS meeting at Yale

Zhong Shao zhong.shao at yale.edu
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:14:58 -0400

We are still looking for submissions to the next NEPLS meeting
at Yale. The deadline for submissions is July 17, 2002. We'll
post the advance program on the NEPLS website by July 24, 2002.

-Zhong

The sixth New England Programming Languages Seminar meeting (sponsored
partly by Yale University and Microsoft) will take place on

             Wednesday, August 7, 2002

at Yale University in New Haven, CT.  Please mark it in your calendars!

We welcome speaker suggestions for this event. You may volunteer
yourself, or suggest someone whom we will contact. Perhaps you've
recently heard an exciting talk by someone in this region?  If you
volunteer yourself, please include a title, list of authors, and an
abstract (as opposed to an entire paper) of about 300 words.

Talks can vary in length. Speakers can choose slots of 30, 45 or 60
minutes; we'll even consider proposals for 15 minute blurbs. This
variety permits the presentation of smaller results, preliminary work,
progress reports on ongoing projects (such as language standards and
compiler toolkits), and updates to past presentations. Students who
aren't yet comfortable giving hour-long talks can use the smaller
slots to garner feedback.

All submissions should be sent the following address

            talks@nepls.org

by Wednesday, July 17, 2002. A final program will become available
on July 24, 2002. The speaker selection committee consists of Michael
Ernst (MIT), Paul Hudak (Yale), Zhong Shao (Yale), and Michael
Gennert (WPI). More details about NEPLS are available on
the NEPLS webpage:

            http://www.nepls.org/

[Group-replying to this message will work in most cases, but some
mailing lists thwart the simplicity of this plan by masquerading as
your correspondents -- please check before sending. ]

-Zhong Shao
(shao-zhong@cs.yale.edu)