[Pl-seminar] Semantics Seminar Schedule

wand@ccs.neu.edu wand at ccs.neu.edu
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:26:41 -0500 (EST)

NU Programming Languages Seminar
Wednesday, January 9, 2002,  10:30-12:30
306 Egan  Hall, Northeastern University
    (building 61 on the map at http://www.neu.edu/maps/maps.html)

Galen Williamson

We introduce a new proof technique for showing the
correctness of 0CFA-like analyses with respect to small-step
semantics.  We illustrate the technique by proving the correctness of
0CFA for the pure lambda-calculus under arbitrary beta-reduction.  This
result was claimed by Palsberg in 1995; unfortunately, his proof was
flawed.  We provide a correct proof of this result, using a simpler
and more general proof method.  We illustrate the extensibility of the
new method by showing the correctness of an analysis for the
Abadi-Cardelli object calculus under small-step semantics.

Upcoming presentations:

1/23 Mitch Wand: More Results on Small-Step Flow Analysis

1/30 TBA

2/6  NUCCS PL Day! See http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/PL/

2/13 Greg Sullivan

Most meetings will be 1030-1230 in 306 EG.