[PL-sem-jr] PL Jr, the seminar we've waited all year for!

Justin R. Slepak jrslepak at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Dec 6 23:26:19 EST 2012

We will meet tomorrow (Dec 7) in WVH 166 at 12:30.

Paul Stansifer presents:

Macros and expressivity

Abstract: What are macros? Why do we like them so much? What unifies the many ways in which we use macros? What is hygiene?
We'll answer these questions, and then we'll take a look at Matthias's classic paper that used macros to formalize a distinction between language features that are merely syntax sugar and those that truly increase the power of the language.

---
Justin Slepak
PhD student, Computer Science dept.