[PL-sem-jr] planning meeting: Wed 1/13, 11:45, WVH366

Aaron Turon turon at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Jan 11 17:43:27 EST 2010

Sure -- I'd love to have a full PLJR roster this semester!

Unfortunately, it's not just a matter of our needs, but also a matter
of what students have time to prepare.  My point is just that, while I
normally ask that all attendees give a talk during the semester, I
don't think it's reasonable to ask for *four* talks this semester
(between the two seminars and two requisite presentations at HOPL).

One possibility if we don't have enough volunteers for talks is to
keep the seminar open for practice HOPL talks.  And hopefully we can
work to make HOPL and our internal PL seminar talks approachable this
semester.