[csu540-f05-rpf] Jar'ing SimplestDraw

Jason A. Bernardo jbern at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Sep 15 22:24:26 EDT 2005

I'm sure you know about this already, but it's a possibility that it could
have been overlooked: did you use the m flag when calling jar to ensure
that the manifest file was being included? While looking through the man
pages I noticed that the m switch must be used, and that the order in
which the m appears is the order in which you must list the manifest file.

If that's not the case, something else you can try is this: instead of
jaring things from the surrounding folder (eg: jar cvf nameOfMyJarFile
foldername) try jaring from within the actual project folder, ala:  jar
cvmf manifestfile * nameOfMyJarFile.jar

I was able to get a jar file to run via executing: java -jar jarfile.jar,
and when I did so I was jaring from within the project folder. Whether or
not it works when jaring the entire folder from the folder level is
unknown, as I haven't tried that.

In any case, that method still didn't succeed in making a
"double-click-runnable" OS-Aware jar file.

Hope some of this huge novel helps you out, at least a bit.

-Jay