[scponly] Could not open keyfile '/home/testuser/.ssh/authorized_keys': Permission denied

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:07:08 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM, oliver rau
<oliver.rau at systemlogistik.dpd.com> wrote:
> a simple 'sftp -v daTeV2SyS9 at localhost' connects without prompt for
> password, even from a client command-line it works:

Glad you got the permissions fixed and it's working for you.

> What does it mean: Oct 25 21:10:51 sys-ftp sshd[3763]: Failed none for
> daTeV2SyS9 from 127.0.0.1 port 45509 ssh2

Sending "none" is a way that ssh clients get the server to send back
the list of supported authentication mechanisms.

> If I use a script it always hangs with 'failed none for daTeV2SyS9' and
> that's it.

If you execute 'scp' on the server without the client executing a
corresponding scp command, scp will sit there waiting for files.

I'm not sure I understand where you are at. Is everything working?

--Kaleb