[scponly] scponly for root user

Sam Chin smch1 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:58:43 EDT 2011

Can i use scponly for root user? I do NOT permit root remotely login but would like root to be able to scp/sftp.  I have installed scponly and changed the root shell to scponly shell. A super user with root privileges login into the system was not able to sudo to root.

And when i changed root shell to normal bash shell, i got this error message when using root to scponly

[root at xxxxxx ~]# scponly book root at xxxxxxx:~
scponly[31514]: 3 arguments in total.
scponly[31514]:         arg 0 is scponly
scponly[31514]:         arg 1 is book
scponly[31514]:         arg 2 is root at xxxxxxx:~
scponly[31514]: opened log at LOG_AUTHPRIV, opts 0x00000029
scponly[31514]: root login denied [username: (0), IP/port: no ip?!]