[scponly] scponly and rsync

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Thu Mar 3 06:18:44 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 12:01:40PM +0100, Adrian Stel wrote:

Hi,

> I have new task, the same situation but under centos 5, missing suport
> for rsync.

hehe, I just left that behind ;) and deleted my CentOS VM some weeks ago.

> there is scponly Version : 4.8 installed from repository, there is
> missing scponly-full ;/
>

> Here is worst situation because I do not have much experience with rpm :)

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/RPM_Guide/index.html

That's kind of a tutorial to get you started. I've never done any serious
packaging on rpm based distribution but rebuilding works if you prepare the
enviroment a bit and you've a development system to build on. I didn't mess
with mock and chroots though.

IIRC from a few weeks ago you've to install some rpm* packages (you need the
rpmbuild tool), prepare a directory structure for SPECS SOURCE and the binary
packages in your $HOME and add a .rpmrc with some meta information.  Then
rpmbuild -ba foo/SPEC/scponly.spec.

RPM source packages can be extracted with rpm2cpio foo.src.rpm|cpio -id

Your directory structure will reassemble what you find in /usr/src/
The .spec file is kind of the debian directory from the Debian world.

Hope that helps you to get started, rpm.org might have some more information
and links.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.