[scponly] problem with CISCO devices ?

Armin Wies armin.wies at mscsoftware.com
Thu Aug 11 05:09:32 EDT 2011

Hi Kaleb,

thanks a lot for your reply !

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Kaleb Pederson
<kaleb.pederson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> doesn't seem to be valid, as IMHO scp sees /home/bu/in/fromswitch as
>> the source and the destination is missing.
>
> The source comes over the wire. In this case, /home/bu/in/fromswitch
> is expected to be a file or directory depending on how scp was
> invoked.

This information helped me a lot, because you pushed back to the right track :-)
I could see this difference between the OpenSSH-client on the CISCO
one and thought this might be the reason.

Actually /etc/scponly/debuglevel was the problem with this....

It all started when I worked with a wrong destination path, and I was
not aware of it.
So I changed debuglevel to 2, and that's when problems began.

I changed it back to 0 now, and everything is working fine, at least
when using the correct paths :-)

If you find this phenomenon interesting, just let me know, I can
provide any details you would like to know.

Thanks a lot again for your help, you saved my day!