[scponly] New scponly Snapshot Release

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Sat Nov 20 15:44:21 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 11:57:39AM -0800, Kaleb Pederson wrote:
> On Saturday, November 20, 2010 08:49:28 am Sven Hoexter wrote:

Hi,

> > a) Use fakeroot (more or less the default approach in the Debian world)
> > b) Use sudo, requires of course a preparation of the system you use for
> >    developement and building.
> > c) The evil one: Move it to the postinst script.
>
> Thanks for the ideas Sven.

Oh wait, I somehow assumed that this problem is part of a spec file shipped
with scponly but now, actually looking at it, I think I've been wrong with
that assumption. So IMHO this shouldn't be tackled in scponly but fixed
somehow in the spec file/rpm build enviroment used. Maybe patch out the
failling chown call and then somehow explain rpmbuild that this file should be
installed with root:root ownership. Or avoid the install part altogether and
manualy include the files in the package. I'm pretty sure that's possible via
the %files, %attr directives and friends.

> Is the `id` command available on AIX/Solaris/*BSD?  How about whoami and getent? If there aren't any consistent options, I could add a helper util to scponly that will use a POSIX system call to get the user id and then use that during install.

That sounds a bit over engineered for such a marginal problem. :)

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.