[scponly] New scponly Snapshot Release

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Sat Nov 20 11:49:28 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 08:18:42AM -0800, Kaleb Pederson wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Frank Fegert <fra.nospam.nk at gmx.de> wrote:

> >  chown: /home/$USER/rpmbuild/rpms/scponly-4.8-instroot/opt/freeware/bin/#inst.9764974#: Operation not permitted.
> >  gmake: *** [install] Error 1
> >  Bad exit status from /home/$USER/rpmbuild/rpms/rpm-tmp.3464 (%install)
>
> I'll have to think about a good way to fix this as I'm not sure how
> this is typically handled. If anybody knows, I'd be glad to
> incorporate changes.

Three ideas and I'm not sure how they could fit in a non GNU/Linux world
with a somewhat different toolchain:

a) Use fakeroot (more or less the default approach in the Debian world)
b) Use sudo, requires of course a preparation of the system you use for
   developement and building.
c) The evil one: Move it to the postinst script.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.