[scponly] scponly on AIX

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:43:51 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Frank Fegert <fra.nospam.nk at gmx.de> wrote:
> Also the stock scponly manpage doesn't go well with the AIX nroff, so
> i'm packaging the alternate manpage in my RPM:
>    mv scponly.8 scponly.8.broken
>    cp scponly.8.alternate_manpage scponly.8

I'll compare the two and see if it's easily possible to merge the two
into one that works.

> I think - except for the missing getopt_long - all the changes could
> be handled properly by just extending the autoconf checks. As for the
> getopt_long, which is missing on AIX and other not-so-GNU-OSes, there
> are several options (bundle from external source, reimplement within
> scponly, rewrite scponly to not use getopt_long).

My approach was sort of similar.

autoconf allows me to determine whether getopt and getopt_long were
present.  The current version of scponly assumes that when getopt is
present, getopt_long will also be present.  However, getopt_long is an
extension so I can't rely on that behavior.  I extracted getopt_long
(and only getopt_long) out of the NetBSD source and then changed
scponly so that if no getopt_long was present on the system it would
use the bundled version getopt_long but continue to use the system
getopt when possible.

I have tested it and believe it works exactly as intended, but I
hadn't tested sufficiently to feel comfortable handing it off to
somebody else yet.  I'll make sure to test it make it available for
testing by the end of the week (now that I'm done with overtime, have
changed jobs, and am now almost back on a normal schedule :).

I have one other person interested in this for AIX who has waited very
patiently (and far too long) who may be able to help test as well.

--Kaleb