[scponly] scponly and tunneling

wbr oblyr joe at sublimation.org
Fri Oct 23 13:54:41 EDT 2009

Hi Sami,

Actually, I believe the TCP redirection is controlled by the sshd
config file without regard for which user may be connected. (I believe
the directive is called "AllowTcpForwarding" in sshd_config).

In other words, if AllowTcpForwarding is turned on, any/all users,
including scponly users, can use redirection.

If this isn't acceptable (and I can see how some people might object),
one alternative is to run two sshd daemons on different ports with
different configuration files, which might look something like this:

regular user config file:
AllowUsers alice, bob, trent
AllowTcpForwarding yes
Port 22