[scponly] scponly and umask

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:23:23 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Ken <kbingham at booksurge.com> wrote:
> Applied sftpfilecontrol patch to OpenSSH-Server and set "SftpUmask
> 007","SftpPermitChmod no", but user with scponlyc shell who uploads a
> file can still chmod owned files and permission mask appears to ignore
> umask directive and depend on the sftp client default.

Could you please provide some debug output from scponly?

I'm not sure what facilities the sftpfilecontrol patch are using to
set the umask and chmod controls.  The sftp-logging patch used
environment variables, which scponly passes on to the sftp server, but
without knowing specifics to the sftpfilecontrol patch, I can't offer
any further suggestions.

Thanks.

--Kaleb