[scponly] scponlyc broken after upgrade to Debian 5

Chris Wood chriswoodut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:11:35 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Kaleb Pederson
<kaleb.pederson at gmail.com> wrote:

> But, like I said, please try the latest version of scponly first. scponly-4.6 was released over three years ago.  Scponly 4.8, the latest stable release, was released over a year ago.  I'd like to make another release soon, but I haven't had time to track down some autoconf stuff that needs to be changed (for a few edge cases).

Kaleb,

Downloading the latest stable and compiling it with chroot enabled works!

My steps:
(download source, untar)
./configure  --enable-chrooted-binary
make
cp scponly /usr/sbin/scponlyc

Debian stores the chroot version of the program in /usr/sbin/scponlyc,
so I replaced it with the newly compiled version.

Chris