[scponly] SIGPIPE when trying to connect to chrooted scponly host

Christopher Barry christopher.barry at qlogic.com
Mon Apr 6 12:23:44 EDT 2009

I've been working with logging myself a lot lately, and one thing on Debian/Ubuntu I found necessary was in the file /etc/default/syslogd add in:
SYSLOGD="-a /path/to/chroot/dev/log"

This will auto-create a syslog socket for you so sftp-server can write to the log.

This will give data from the moment scponly spawns the sftp-server. But from looking at your earlier logs, it appeared that the handoff was not actually occurring. It seemed also like you were using rhosts-type auth from the sshd logs. Is that true? Not purporting to know any answers here though ;)

-C