[scponly] rsync with scponly on CentOS

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:11:44 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 22 October 2008 12:28:47 pm GADOT Frank wrote:
> Oct 22 12:24:27 galaxy scponly[6208]: option 'e' or a related long
> option is not permitted for use with /usr/bin/rsync (arg was .s)

This doesn't look right.  The code in scponly-4.8 should say something like
the following:

option 'e' is not allowed unless '--server' is also set with cmd %s (%s)

Where %s is a string substitution that happens at runtime.

Please make sure that the binary that's being executed is the binary from 4.8.

... and don't worry, I'm sure the last time will be the charm ;)

Thanks.

--Kaleb