[scponly] Logging all commands

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:50:58 EDT 2008

In recent versions of ssh, the sftp-server has -f log_facility and -l
log_level options that allow logging to be specified.  Scponly also
supports the sftplogging patch which works with OpenSSH versions of
4.3 and less, so that's a likely candidate.  There's a similar patch
for scp logging, but I've never looked at it.  The URLs are:

(sftp) http://sftplogging.sourceforge.net/
(scp) http://sweb.cz/v_t_m/#logging

Hopefully the above will work for you.  Scponly will log some
information as well, but it might not be useful.  To turn on debug
output, you can do the following in your shell:

echo 1 > $INSTALL_PREFIX/etc/scponly/debuglevel

Good luck.

--Kaleb