[scponly] scponly and umask

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 18:11:49 EST 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008, you wrote:
> But I guess the only way to do that is to patch sftp-server. (I also
> looked into setfacl, but our file system does not support directory
> masks.)

setfacl does work pretty well.  You just have to make sure that the group
acl's are reasonable.

Take a look at the following.  It replaces the sftp-logging patch that has
been around for some time and apparently does what you need:

http://sftpfilecontrol.sourceforge.net/

From the website:

"You may optionally designate a umask that overrides any server, client or
environment umasks. This is useful in cases where you want to enforce a
strict file creation mode and you want to prohibit users from being able to
change file permissions on existing files."

--Kaleb