[scponly] How can i install SCPONLY 4.8 on 64-Bit System?

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:47:43 EST 2008

The setup_chroot.sh script is intended to be supplemented by platform
and/or distribution specific setup scripts.  Unfortunately, there are
not very many and they don't work as well as we would like.

>  Personally, I recommend using a package like jailkit
>  (http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/) to set up your jail.  It has a few
>  categories already set up for common services, in addition to doing
>  automatic library resolving so you get all the prerequisite libraries
>  inside your jail.  Jailkit already has section definitions for scp,
>  sftp, and rsync.  Here's the section from jk_init.ini that I use for my
>  scp jail that ties those together and adds the other stuff that makes
>  scponly be useful:

This is definitely the approach that I would recommend.  It takes many
more things into consideration than scripts that may be included with
scponly, but are not the focus of scponly.

--Kaleb