[scponly] scponly 4.6: logging of file transfers (filename and timestamp)

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 11:14:23 EDT 2008

You'll want to take a look at the sftp-logging patch for early
versions of OpenSSH and the sftp-filecontrol patch for recent versions
of OpenSSH.  Both have the ability to log commands and transfers from
the users.  Scponly has built in support for the sftp-logging patch.
I'm not sure what changes may be necessary to support the
sftp-filecontrol patch but I believe both methods require setting up
the syslog daemon to listen on a device/socket within the chroot.

I'm not positive either of the above indicate successful transfer of
files, rather, they indicate that a file transfer was started.  If you
happen to research or confirm this, I'd be curious to know.

You might see this thread for a little more details:

https://lists.ccs.neu.edu/pipermail/scponly/2008-August/001974.html

Thanks.

--Kaleb