[scponly] Relative listing outside scponlyc chroot jail allowed?

Jan Mazáč jan at hifi-web.com
Tue Sep 25 08:03:22 EDT 2007

On 25.9.2007, at 7:44, Kaleb Pederson wrote:

> Thanks for the output.  As I'm not very current with Mac's, is "Mac
> OS X
> 10.4.10 (Intel)" the latest fully-patched version?

Yes, on both machines is latest fully-patched version of Mac OS X
Server. One system is using Intel processor while other is older
PowerPC based one. Both machines are running server version of OS X
but I doubt that it would make any difference on client version.

> Can you try with the latest CVS or the snapshot available here:
>
> http://kibab.homeip.net/scponly/snapshots/scponly-20070718.tgz
>
> Given the nature of the problem, I don't expect it to resolve
> anything, but it
> would help me confirm the issue.

I have downloaded and configured it with following options:
./configure --enable-chrooted-binary --enable-rsync-compat --enable-
unison-compat --prefix=/opt/local

This is the same configuration I was using before. On PPC system I
also added either --enable-svn-compat or --enable-svnserv-compat as
well, but don't remember exactly. PPC was also using defult prefix /
usr/local

And yes, it appears to do the same as 4.6.

[snip]

> Jan, is there anyway you can play with kdump so I can see what the
> strings are
> or so I can decode them a little easier?  If you can't get that to
> work when
> you run it against the latest CVS, feel free to send me the
> original actual
> ktrace files in conjunction with whatever dump files you can
> generate.  I
> will try to get a FreeBSD install setup that I can play with so
> that I can
> take a better look at the output, etc.

I'm not sure how I could make better readable output from kdump so
I'm sending two ktrace.out files. One with 4.6 suffix is from
scponlyc 4.6 session while other is from scponlyc CVS session.

jan