[scponly] scponlyc + successfully connecting but immediatedisconnect

Frank Dijcks fd at solcon.nl
Fri Nov 2 03:21:10 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "ScottO" <skippylou at gmail.com>
To: <scponly at lists.ccs.neu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 8:51 PM
Subject: [scponly] scponlyc + successfully connecting but
immediatedisconnect

> Hoping someone can help here.  SSH'ing in with public key, public key is
> accepted and then I am immediately dropped out of my session with the
> following debug output after doing: echo 2 >
> /usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel.  Really not sure how to make sense of
> this debug output or where to go next based on it.  Dug through the
> mailing list and googling hasn't turned up a solution yet for me.  Any
> help or pointers would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

> [tesuser at desktop ~]$ ssh testbox
> Last login: Thu Nov  1 15:03:40 2007 from desktop
> scponly[23327]: 1 arguments in total.
> scponly[23327]:         arg 0 is -scponlyc
> scponly[23327]: opened log at LOG_AUTHPRIV, opts 0x00000029
> scponly[23327]: incorrect number of args
> Connection to testbox closed.
>
> - CentOS 4.5
> - Installed scponly-4.6
>   * ./configure --enable-chrooted-binary
>   * make; make install; make jail
>
> - jail is setup in /home/scponly
>
> ls -l /home/scponly ==
>
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov  1 14:17 bin
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov  1 14:48 dev
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov  1 14:17 etc
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Nov  1 14:18 home
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov  1 14:17 lib
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Nov  1 14:17 lib64
> drwxr-xr-x  5 root root 4096 Nov  1 12:33 usr
>
> - homedirs for users in /home/scponly/home
>
> ls -l /home/scponly/home ==
>
> drwx------  3 testuser testuser 4096 Nov  1 14:19 testuser
>
> - created the /home/scponly/dev/null, with mkdir and mknod
>
> - using ldap, test user has:
>
> homedir: /home/scponly//home/testuser
> shell: /usr/local/sbin/scponlyc
>
> - public key in /home/scponly/home/testuser/.ssh/authorized_keys
> - .ssh is 700 and authorized_keys is 600 with testuser.testuser

I have exactly the same thing since three weeks.
SFTP is running fine in the jail, but a SSH connection is not possible.

I have rebuild scponly and the jails without success. Then I checked the
sources of scponly and it is really expecting 3 arguments.
The debug output shows only one: -scponlyc.

Something seems to be broken between sshd and scponlyc. Maybe someone can
explain the logon procedure, to understand the interaction between sshd and
scponly.

Frank