[scponly] Are we sure Unison really works ?

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Thu Sep 28 00:07:21 EDT 2006

I see on the web page and in the source that Unison works, and I further
see that there was a fix (relatively) recently added that fixes some HOME
variable issues.

However, I cannot get it to work.

scp, rsync, sftp, etc. - all work.

But Unison keeps trying to create .unison in the users home directory, as
defined by the underlying systems' /etc/passwd, but in reality the users
writeable directory is:

~/incoming

So I need Unison to create:

~/incoming/.unison

and not:

~/.unison

I see no way to do this from the unison command line.  Can anyone confirm
successful operation ?  Can anyone confirm successful operation in a
chroot with a incoming directory ?

Thanks a lot.