[scponly] LDAP nsswitch in stead of passwd/group

Sven Ingebrigt Ulland sveniu at ifi.uio.no
Mon Sep 4 05:02:44 EDT 2006

I'm trying to get LDAP nsswitching to work for uid/gid lookups,
in stead of using normal /etc/{passwd,group} files.. inside the
chroot, that is. I tried copying all lib and usr/lib files to
the chroot lib directories, and set up /etc/nsswitch.conf and
friends as correctly as I could, but it still wouldn't look
up uids/gids from LDAP.. Have any of you got such a setup
working? I'll post a response if I get it to work.

sven