[scponly] spam on this list

David Blank-Edelman dnb at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Oct 21 23:47:22 EDT 2006

Howdy-
    Listmom here. I just wanted to apologize for the recent spam on
this list. Two separate problems:

1) our SpamAssassin daemon decided to die earlier this weekend which
opened up the floodgates

2) the version of Mailman we are using (at least in our install) has
a bug which is not letting us save the settings necessary to cause
all mail labeled as spam by #1 to be dropped before being sent out to
the list. This Wednesday we're going to upgrade our installation of
Mailman to the latest rev. As soon as it is complete, I can set the
list parameters properly in this regard.

       -- dNb