[scponly] Logging User Actions

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Fri Nov 10 00:55:46 EST 2006

Thanks for the report.  I don't know for sure what the problem might be, but
here are a couple thoughts and comments:

1) Can you provide us with logging information from scponly with debug mode
turned on?

2) Since it's running within the chroot, and the sftp-server that runs as a
subsystem is running as a particular user, you might need to verify that your
logger is setup so that programs within the chroot have access to a logger.
I would guess that this is likely the problem.

Using syslog-ng, you might need to add something like the following
(untested):

source chrootsrc { unix-stream("/home/chroot/dev/log"); internal(); };
destination chrootlog { file("/var/log/chroot.log"); };
log { source(chrootsrc); destination(chrootlog); };

I hope that helps.  Please investigate and let us know.

Thanks.

--Kaleb