[scponly] subversion and scponly - install and chroot questions...

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Sat May 20 22:46:30 EDT 2006

On Saturday 20 May 2006 4:07 pm, Ensel Sharon wrote:
> Is subversion like this as well ?  Can I just install subversion, set up
> nothing, do nothing, and just ./configure scponly with subversion support?

The subversion client (cli) support is just as easy.  I haven't used the
other, but it (svnserve) should work just as well.  configuring as such
basically just adds another command to a list of commands that can be
executed.

> Further, any gotchas I should know about in running subversion with the
> chrooted scponlyc binary ?  Or is it know to work fine ?

Keep in mind that unless you enable globbing support (wildcards) you won't be
able to use wildcards like you normally would.  That's more of an
inconvenience than anything.  I have my servers setup this way and they work
well.

--Kaleb