[scponly] why does sftp (scponly ?) allow me to cd into directories I shouldnt be able to ?

Paul Hyder Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 28 19:23:12 EDT 2006

Good point.  Does indeed seem to be an interesting sftp "feature".  When
I sftp to a host without scponly the cd to a 0700 directory doesn't
generate any errors.

The best place (perhaps the only place) to get an answer would be the
openssh email list.

    Paul Hyder
    NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, Global Systems Division
    Boulder, CO