[scponly] sftp problem with chroot on openbsd

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Fri Jul 28 09:32:12 EDT 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 5:22 am, domenico.albanese at hermess.it wrote:
> chmod u+x ./setup_chroot.sh
> ./setup_chroot.sh
[snip]
> Username to install [scponly]pino
> home directory you wish to set for this user [/home/pino]
> name of the writeable subdirectory [incoming]
> install: 0: No such file or directory
> install: 1: No such file or directory
> install: Ref: No such file or directory
[snip]

> I don't understand, what I do wrong?

It doesn't look like you did anything wrong.  Notice however that there were
errors in the setup_chroot script. It basically looks like you're missing
some libraries within the chroot.

Run `chroot -r /home/pino -v` and see what it gives you.  Then run
`ldd /usr/libexec/sftp-server` and make sure that all the libraries that it
mentions exist within the chroot.  If there are any of them that aren't
present, copy them to the chroot.

Let us know how everything works once you have done that.  If it still doesn't
work there are other things that we can try to figure out what's going on.

Hope that helps.

--Kaleb