[scponly] how does scponly determine the writeable, incoming directory ?

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Thu Jan 26 12:41:48 EST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Paul Hyder wrote:

> The default setup_chroot.sh creates a new user with an individual
> jailed home directory that contains a writeable directory named
> "incoming".  It is configured to chroot into the unwriteable
> home directory.  The document you are citing is discussion for
> "Building scponly jail configurations manually".
>
> And the actual answer to this discussion is that the setup-chroot.sh
> process is just a starting point.
>
> If you want to help out by writing additional code for the build_extras
> directory or submitting specific additions/fixes for setup_chroot.sh the
> community would benefit.
>     Paul Hyder
>     NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, Global Systems Division

Ok, I see - so if I leave "incoming" as the default, then the chrooted
password file will contain /home/user/incoming as the directory to chroot
into, while the actual home directory is /home/user

BUT, if I choose anything other than "incoming", it is ignored by
setup-chroot.sh, and BOTH password files (the base and the chrooted
one) will both contain /home/user as the home directory.

Is that a correct interpretation ?

Further, would it be a proper response to simply edit (with the proper db
tool) the resulting .db file in the chroot, and add the writeable
directory to the end of the home directory, and all would be well ?