[scponly] Restrict login, max 1 login per user

Ralf Durkee rd at rd1.net
Wed Jan 4 08:47:52 EST 2006

Although implementing a lock file may sort of work, you're going to get
users that lose their network connection suddenly, so you'll need to be
sure that the lock file is cleaned up. It's likely to cause users to not
be able to access the systems once a session has been abnormally dropped.

If you still want to do this, rather than a lock file, it would probably
be better to have this done by the authentication such as PAM rather
than the shell (Scponly).  PAM provides a maxlogins which can be set in
the limits.conf file for most Linux systems, try setting that to 1, to
see if it gives you what you want.

-- Ralf Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH
Principal Security Consultant
http://rd1.net