[scponly] scp blues (read this first for this thread)

wby oblyr joe at sublimation.org
Thu Feb 23 02:48:07 EST 2006

Hi Daniel,

I'm glad to hear you sorted this out.

I'll make a note to add some code that check the existence/permissions of /etc/password in the chroot as a
sanity check for these troublesome installations.

The other checks (2 and 3) vary significantly on each OS, and the complexity of runtime sanity checks probably
outweigh the complexity of the chroot installations themselves.  Still, I'm glad you reported all this as it may
serve to help someone else.

joe