[scponly] sftp works scp does not

Paul Hyder Paul.Hyder at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 13 15:04:41 EST 2006

Rather interesting, in examining the configure code it seems you
have exercised a bug with the handling of --enable-scp-compat combined
with --with-sftp-server.  It should work as rushani described.

The test that is failing is actually part of enabling scp-compat.
Obviously a rare combination of options or it would have been
found earlier.

The line is configure.in:234
SCPONLY_PATH_PROG_DEFINE([PROG_SFTP_SERVER], [sftp-server],[/usr/lib:/usr/libexec:/usr/libexec/openssh:/usr/lib/ssh:/usr/local/libexec])
This is in the code to enable scp WinSCP and I believe the references
to the sftp-server need to include the code found at line 293.  (Although
I'm not 100% sure why the sftp server needs to be in the block enabling scp,
I would bet it has something to do with WinSCP.)

Joe, this relates to the autoconf that builds configure.  Fix should be to
make the configure.in code at line 234 use the checks at line 293 and rebuild
configure. (Or to delete configure.in line 234 if it won't impact WinSCP.)
    Paul Hyder
    NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory, Global Systems Division
    Boulder, CO