[scponly] Problems getting Scponly on Cygwin

Roland Krystian Alberciak ra115 at mail.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 2 14:49:06 EST 2006

scponly-bounces at lists.ccs.neu.edu wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:22:13PM -0700, Paul Hyder wrote:
>> The latest releases default to scp disabled.
>
> Someone might want to consider documenting this.  As I
> pointed out in a recent post, the docs infer otherwise.

I was about to suggest out to Joe, perhaps there should be an FAQ page.
Maybe even on a wiki so people can write in comments and help build a
resource for troubleshooting, to help the development team out in
maintaining a single resource for answers (currently- I relied on google
heavily to get scponly on cygwin).

I will (in a week or two) write up the problems I ran into on CYGWIN, and
how I resolved them. I intend to make it available through the web- because
I ran into things that were referenced in multiple different sources.

I had few problems getting scponly to work on my debian installation and I
followed comparable configuration steps. I didn't even think to look whether
--enable-scp was not set in the newer versions (as I didn't have that
problem before).