[scponly] User account type question

mephi matthew.j.green at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 29 13:31:41 EST 2006

This isn't a directly scponly question, but it is related.

When I login via putty to my Linux server and (after running SU to get root
access) type a command like 'users' or 'who' it tells me that I'm the only
user.

If I keep the putty window open and then login with WinSCP using an account
that's got an SCPonly shell, this user doesn't show up when using the
'users' or 'who' commands in the putty window.

Could anyone tell me why? And how I get the list of users including those
who are using SCPonly?

TIA :-)

Matt