[scponly] scponly chroot vs. Openssh forcecommand

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Wed Dec 27 21:21:37 EST 2006

OpenSSH doesn't currently have the ability to chroot, although there is a
patch that will allow it to chroot:

http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net/index.php

Hmm.... There is one thing that might work if OpenSSH allows spaces in
the "ForceCommand" (and if not, you might be able to make a wrapper script):

Match User restricted-user
    ForceCommand chroot /path/to/chroot -s /usr/libexec/sftp-server

That's totally untested, but it might work.

If you try it, please post your results and let us know.

Thanks.

--Kaleb