[scponly] FreeBSD 6.2 with chroot "Connection Closed"

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Sun Dec 17 00:37:50 EST 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 23:27, Anish Mistry wrote:
> So it doesn't seem to be even calling sftp-server.  This doesn't seem
> to be an scponly problem, but how do I get sftp debug output enabled
> so that I can see what is wrong with my setup?

Anish,

Thank you for the good information.  I would guess that it doesn't work within
the chroot because of some new requirements imposed by the newer versions of
OpenSSH, although it seems strange that you didn't have any logging
information for your second attempt.

We just added a FAQ that should help with this.  Please see questions #2 and
#3 on the FAQ page:

http://sublimation.org/scponly/wiki/index.php/FAQ

Please give us an update on whether or you not you get things working and
whether or not the patch you applied for the new SFTP logging features works
for you.

You will probably need to make sure that you have a /dev/log within the chroot
for the sftp logging capability to work.

I hope that helps.

--Kaleb