[scponly] deleting remote files with wildcards ... ?

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Wed Aug 30 11:26:12 EDT 2006

So, I sent the following short email to freebsd-questions:

-----

> I want to delete some remote files with a wildcard, running 'rm' over
ssh.

> The obvious syntax doesn't work at all - it doesn't even make an ssh
> connection - I think it is interpreting the wildcard locally:
>
> # ssh user at host rm -rf /some/testdir/*
> ssh: No match.
>
> Then, these combinations of single and double
quotes:                                                                                                       >
> ssh user at host 'rm -rf /some/testdir/*'
>
> ssh user at host rm -rf '/some/testdir/*'
>
> ssh user at host 'rm -rf "/some/testdir/*"'
>
> All connect over ssh, and produce no errors, but the remote files are
> still there - nothing was deleted.
>
> So what is the _right_ way to do this ?

-----

And everyone there said my syntax was fine and it should be working ...

So is it scponly that is getting in the way ?

Dp I need to add a * to the allowable characters in scponly.h ?

Thanks.