[scponly] scponly make jail scripting advice

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at pythagoras.no-ip.org
Mon Apr 3 19:54:15 EDT 2006

Gregory L. Magnusson wrote:
> My question as a scripting newbie is this. I would like to generate this
> index.php file in each folder with the the make jail commnd. Where, and
> how would I add the above script creation to the command make jail to
> generate an index.php file in each folder?

As you've set up the home directories in /etc/passwd (Otherwise scponly
would fail), why not use the apache userdir module?

For example, in httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    #
    # UserDir is disabled by default since it can confirm the presence
    # of a username on the system (depending on home directory
    # permissions).
    #
    #UserDir disable

    #
    # To enable requests to /~user/ to serve the user's public_html
    # directory, remove the "UserDir disable" line above, and uncomment
    # the following line instead:
    #
    #UserDir public_html

    UserDir incoming