[scponly] scponly + chroot + qmail

Kaleb Pederson kpederson at mail.ewu.edu
Fri Sep 30 12:37:09 EDT 2005

That should be fine.  What you probably want to do is set up scponly to chroot
to some directory below their home directories.  First, you might
create /home/chroot which contains the chroot environment.  Then, you would
create all the users home directories within that chroot.  eg.  You would
create /home/chroot/users/{john,jane,peter...}, each directory being owned by
the user.  Then, you set the users home directory to
"/home/chroot//users/{john,jane,peter...}".  Thus, scponly would chroot
to /home/chroot, and then change directories to /users/<username>.

I use this setup, and it works very well.  I'm sure there are others using
similar configurations.

Hope I understood what you were asking and that it helps.

--Kaleb